Sunday, December 2, 2007

I had wondered and wondered what it might look like when the lake started to freeze over. Surely it wouldn't happen overnight, I thought, but in a process; but what would the process be like? When we were still seeing raspberries at the farmers' markets in late October, I wondered if it would even truly happen. But the time of winter has come, and I am burrowing delicately into the new world I find myself surrounded by, furnishing my inner world with words and soundscapes new or dusty from disuse, and polishing them to match the startling gray that is emerging all around.

What is that like, you wonder? Here I have created a less than perfect panorama, but a panorama nonetheless. (I would love to take a course to improve my digital photography skills in shooting and editing . . . and also to buy a camera that gives me more flexibility. But for the moment, I have what I have.) Click it to see the full view. (Click the little tiny box that isn't loading below for the huge version.)

Winter lake panorama

No comments: